How you watch YouTube video offline? What if you want to save a few of your favorite videos to a USB stick or burn some memorable clips to disc as a gift?
In this blog post i will be sharing a quick way to download YouTube video with out using any software or extension and that to without leaving the YouTube page.
While YouTube is undertaking a pilot project to allow content owners the ability to make their content legally downloadable for free or for a small fee, the bulk of videos on the website are not as fortunate.
And if you want to download YouTube videos without having to pay a fee, While you may thing to install Special Software, or run browser plug-in or extension which does this for you – But the sad thing now most of this will not work ! Yes it is true if you haven’t noticed it yet, Most of the YouTube video downloading applications have stopped working.
It is mostly because of the new YouTube's Terms of Service!
A portion of the YouTube's Terms of Service says :
You may access User Submissions for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the YouTube Website. You shall not copy or download any User Submission unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the YouTube Website for that User Submission ."
So what to do now ?
There is a small trick for this.
Note This points before You start
- This method involves using of YouTube Site only
- Make sure you are running flash version of YouTube player, If you are running HTML5 Trail of YouTube to make smooth buffering of YouTube video then Leave the HTML5 Trial
- This option only work with YouTube Video which is played under ‘HTTP video Player’. To Know this just right click on the video plain and from box chose video info (See the screenshot)
If you get all the this so lets start
It is really simple as 1 ,2, 3
1. Just right click on the video and open popup . A new window will asses with YouTube TV layout.(See screenshot bellow)
2. Again right click on it and you will see ‘Save video as..’ option.
3. Click on it and rename file with video extension (try .flv or .mp4)
and that's it .
If you have problems with using this method, please feel free to ask us in the comments below. Also share your feedback on the selection of topics at our blog =D