Google has launch its digital book shop in India. Google play books Offer thousands of Indian titles from new seller to classics and international titles. Defiantly a good news for book lovers[...].
With Google play the books will be stored in the cloud which means users can also read them on their web browsers , and Google Play Books app for smart devices provides a similar reading experience like its competitors Kindle and Amazon.
What about the free Books ?
Similar to Apple’s iBook app, Google Play Books allows reader to choose from a wide range of books, magazines, journals and more and lets users read their favorite stuff on the go.
The Google play store does come with its fair share of its free classics such as Grate Expectations, Alice in wonderland etc. . And expect to see lot word near soon.
Hire is the direct link to Top Free in Books (The ebooks are free at the time of writing this but you would need a valid debit or credit card linked to your Google Wallet account for completing the purchase.)
While there are over 4 million books on Google Play, not all books are free. Users can also purchase books through the app and store them for reading at a later date. While there is a free book section, the paid books seem to start from Rs 50. There is even a category for Books for 100 Rs. or less also.
Google has also pushed not a world wide update to the books app for Android that lets readers filter books by type and identifies place name on the existing page.
Google Play Books is definitely an app for all book lovers. However, a drawback of the app is that books are stored on Cloud and will need access to the internet each time someone wants to read a stored book.
Check out Google play Books on your web browser
Very much interested to see your views about it on our comment section do give your comments.
Soumyadip, author of the popular blog Cutting the Chai, has discovered at least 40 popular ebooks that are currently available for free at the Google Play Store.(Some Are not listed in the free book section But they are now free)
After thousands of downloads, Google plugs free e-books leak. Currently the books are no longer available for download on Google Play Books even at a price. Google seems to have also removed all mentions of the from its search index on Google Play.
List of e-books that were temporarily available for free download on Google Play Books
- Amul’s India
- Arzee The Dwarf, Chandrahas Choudhary
- Best Indian Short Stories – Vol. I, Khushwant Singh
- Best Indian Short Stories – Vol. II, Khushwant Singh
- Black Ice, Mahmudul Haque
- Bobby: The Complete Story, Balaji Vittal
- Calcutta Exile, Bunny Suraiya
- Chinese Whiskers, Pallavi Aiyar
- Controversially Yours, Shoaib Akhtar
- Deewar, Vinay Lal
- Delhi Noir, Hirsh Sawhney
- Gods and Godmen of India, Khushwant Singh
- Headley And I, S Hussain Zaidi
- I, Steve – Steve Jobs In His Own Words, Steve Jobs
- India – A Traveller’s Literary Companion, Chandrahas Choudhury
- India An Introduction, Khushwant Singh
- Jaane Bhee Do Yaaro, Jai Arjun Singh
- Keep The Change, Nirupama Subramaniam
- May I Hebb Your Attention Pliss, Arnab Ray
- Mediocre But Arrogant, Abhijit Bhaduri
- More Salt Than Pepper: Dropping Anchor with Karan Thapar, Karan Thapar
- Mother Maiden Mistress, Bhawana Sommya
- Olympics – The India Story, Boria Majumdar
- Potato Chips, Anushman Mohan
- Ravan And Eddie, Kiran Nagarkar
- RD Burman: The Man, The Music, Balaji Vittal
- Sex, Scotch & Scholarship, Khushwant Singh
- Tanzeem, Mukul Deva
- The Best Advice I Ever Got, The Business Today Team
- The Double Life of Ramalinga Raju: The Story of India’s Biggest Corporate Fraud, Kingshuk Nag
- The Householder, Amitabh Bagchi
- The Impatient Optimist – Bill Gates In His Words, Bill Gates
- The Intolerant Indian – Why We Must Rediscover A Liberal Space, Gautam Adhikari
- The Maruti Story, R C Bhargava
- The Moslems Are Coming, Azad Essa
- The Other Indians: A Political And Cultural History of South Asians In America, Vinay Lal
- The Sacred Grove, Daman Singh
- The Sikhs, Khushwant Singh
- The Sufi Courtyard: Dargahs Of Delhi, Sadia Dehlvi
- Women And Men In My Life, Khushwant Singh